Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Post

It seems there is a fair bit of demand for non-MSM economic news in the Bakersfield area.
I guess that I will take a stab at filling the hole that Bakersfield Bubble has left. This is not going to be a full-time career; I already have one of those. Rather, it will be an intermittent commentary on things local and hopefully of interest to those readers that Bakersfield Bubble once served.

Allow me to anonymously (ha!) introduce myself: I have been a Kern county resident since 1989 and a Bakersfield resident since 2001. I have neither a financial degree nor do I have any experience at professional writing - but hey, you get what you pay for :).

With luck, this can become a place for people who enjoyed reading Bakersfield Bubble to stop by and do the same things they enjoyed doing over there: A friendly discussion of local economic issues. I hope to post 1-3 times per week, depending on what happens locally and depending on my own schedule.

I am going to attempt to maintain the dialogue that Bakersfield Bubble started. I cannot fill his shoes. That said, he was serving a need in the community that was not being met by other media. It would be a shame to allow that need to go unfilled, and so in the interest of the community, I will take a shot at doing so. To Bakesfield Bubble's readers who decide to migrate over here, welcome. To others who happen to find this blog by other means, welcome also.

No comments:

Post a Comment